Saturday, October 01, 2005

Infomercial Day

I've always secretly loved to watch infomercials. (I guess the secret is out now.) Today I had my chance to be in one. It was for Susan Lucci's Youthful Essence.

I misunderstood what I would be doing when they booked me. I thought I'd be testing the product and giving a testimonial in the infomercial. Instead, I watched a few segments being taped and I applauded. In this particular infomercial, the audience reactions and responses were genuine. Know that when you see the infomercial, we were just as surprised by the ages of these women as you are. But that's all I did -- me and about thirty-five other chicks.

Susan Lucci is a tiny, beautiful women. She looks the same in person as she does on TV. She's also really nice. Some of the girls that were sitting by me hollered out to her before the shoot started and she came over to pose for photos with them.

It was easy work. I didn't get paid, but I did get to fulfill my dream of being part of an infomercial. And I did get a gift certificate for staying late AND a lot of the products. Not a bad way to spend a day.

My story would be incomplete if I didn't give my review of the product. I know I didn't get to give a testimonial there, so I'll give it now. The microdermabrasion formula and tool work really well. My skin is smoother, my pores look smaller, and my face feels softer.

If you watch the infomercial, I'm wearing a striped sweater and pearls. Not my usual apparel.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home