Sunday, October 02, 2005



Zombie

I did a zombie photo shoot today. I love zombie films (Shaun of the Dead is my favorite right now), so when I saw the casting notice about this project I had to submit myself. It was unpaid work, but it was a chance to do something really cool that will wind up in a gallery (and I'll get a digital copy from the artist when it's photoshopped).

I thought I'd be dressed up as an old West zombie. No, they turned me into an old West prostitute. My boobs were hiked up to my neck and I wore false eyelashes for the first time. The first group of prostitutes got to have guns, so I thought I'd get a gun too.

Nope. I was put on my back on the hay and covered with blood and latex guts. That was fun. The blood was really warm in my armpit. (It got everywhere, even soaked the waistband of my underwear.) It looks really awesome. And you get to know people pretty well when they're munching on your living guts.

I had a lot of fun, and the candid shots I've seen look great. I met some cool people. (Note to self: get ACTOR business cards with my photo, not just day job business cards.) It took two showers to get all the red off me, and I was picking hay out of my hair for two days (yes, I washed it). But it really was a great experience. It's not everyday that you get to have pizza with zombies.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home