Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dead Again

I worked on a thesis film for a grad student today. This was my big moment as a dead high school senior. It was a lot of fun.

I was hanged from a tree with a death message painted in blood on my stomach. Okay, the blood was corn syrup and red food coloring, but still. That was fun. I spent longer driving to the location than I did getting painted and strung up and shot, but we shot at Lake Casitas which is more like Arkansas than Southern California.

I love the girl whose project I'm doing - Polly White. She's very fun. The film is a horror short called PsychoRomantics. It's in the vein of those campy 80s films with the bright red blood. It's being cleverly shot in that style. One of the things I really dig about her is that we can talk cheesy horror films and remember the joy of watching them without her saying I have bad taste in movies. Oh, and she's read all the Anita Blake books by Laurell K. Hamilton. :)

Next weekend we shoot a living room scene where I'm alive, then the next weekend we shoot the scene at school. I'm so excited!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home