Sunday, November 06, 2005

Gladhanding

Oh what a night! I finished another play last night. In L.A., there are a lot of theatre opportunities if you don't mind working for free. I just got back into the theatre scene about four months ago, so I'm willing to do it for the purpose.

It's really funny that over the course of a play, you can really get to know a lot of different people. I didn't make the kind of acquaintances in this show that I'd invite everyone over for Thanksgiving dinner, but I'd hang out and get coffee with some of these cats. I keep kicking myself that I don't have actor business cards (instead of day job business cards) to hand out to people. UGH!

A really great thing about finishing a show is closing night. The audience is packed. Everyone in the cast and crew is so happy that so many people are there to see them, and they're excited that their nights will be freed up. Everyone loves everyone else and differences are put aside. (I did so much glad-handing that I felt like a politician, so much hugging that I felt like my grandma.) And people really come to life in the last show. I guess it's because they're now really comfortable in their roles, like an old pair of gray sweatpants.

On to the next project!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home