Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Rejected!

I was turned down today, but rejection never felt so good.

I went in for this mineral makeup infomercial. When I submitted for it, I told them I have blemishes and dark circles under my eyes. I spend most of my time under fluorescent lights, so I usually have one or two blemishes at a time ALL THE TIME since I started working in an office. And I've been waking up insanely early so I could feng shui my home office, so I have some bags under my eyes.

I do take care of my skin. I use Susan Lucci's Youthful Essence microdermabrasion stuff. I wash my face with Burt's Bees Lemon Poppyseed Scrub. I use i.d. Bare Escentuals mineral makeup so I treat my pores right. My doctor has me on a regimen of vitamins and vegetables so I can be thin with good skin. But my skin is far from perfect. With all the preventative steps I take, I still have breakouts and bags.

When I met with the casting directors, they told me I had perfect skin. They were looking for someone with really damaged skin I guess. I was rejected, but for all the right reasons. I missed out on this particular infomercial, but I feel good about it.

And my friend Boise said that it's good to be told "No" when auditioning because it gets you closer to your next yes.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home