Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fat

Now that the holidays are over, I've started confronting what I've been eating. I can still fit my pants, but I know if I keep up the holiday eating trend stuff will start squeezing out the top of my pants.

Why would I feel bad? I've been munching on lots of cookies and pastries, having a soda here and there, scarfing down chips and dips, sucking back larger portions, snacking between meals instead of waiting or having some veggies or a salad. I'm supposed to have 70% of my daily food intake as low starch vegetables. That would keep me slim and trim, and it would supply my body with the nutrients I need to improve my health.

Oh, and I've been less active. With the show going and a short film in December, I've missed kung fu class for about two months. Most of my work at my day job keeps me stuck in a chair in front of a computer. When I get home, I want to sit on the couch or take a nap. I get narcoleptic with too many carbs in my system, which is even worse. I wind up scarfing down two pieces of cake and some pizza, then I pass out on the couch for two hours right after eating.

I saw some report on MSN that was supposed to help chocoholics fight addiction, but it was actually a five minute commercial for chocolate that explained the benefits of eating it and how you shouldn't give it up. The same report said that if you ate one candy bar a day and didn't work it off, you could gain a pound or two a week. That was a bit of a wake up call. It's hard to get work in this business if you're fat unless you're really fat.

So I had a salad for breakfast and a salad for lunch. I'm back to drinking my Trader Joe's Organic Carrots & Greens until I can get a quality juicer for my house. And I'm replacing the leftover birthday cake with sliced apples. I'm not fat yet, but I'd feel a lot better if I lost five pounds, maybe ten. I wouldn't look like one of those girls on some billboards who need a sandwich, but my boobs would look even bigger because my waist would be smaller.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home