Thursday, February 23, 2006

Return to the Barre . . . I Guess

In the movie Center Stage, one of the dance teachers talks about returning to the barre when things seem crazy. While I'm not a highly trained dancer (I don't list dance as a special skill on my resume), I still get great physical gain from dancing. I still love kung fu, but my schedule (and pocketbook) don't allow for that right now. So I'm returning to the barre . . . sort of.

I'm enrolled in the jazz dance class at LAVC which is fun. I've also been selected to take part in an infomercial for Flirty Girls Fitness. We're learning pole dancing (barre, get it?) for the next few weeks, then we learn how to do strippy dancing with a chair, then we learn high impact sexy dancing. It sounded like a lot of fun, and it's a way to lose the few pounds I gained over the holidays.

My first spin on the pole was this past Sunday. It was so much fun! The great thing about this class is that it isn't as rigid as other classes I've taken, and it allows for a lot of personal flair. The choreography is still the choreography, but it's a bit looser.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home