Saturday, March 18, 2006

10 Items or Less . . . Family Fun

I returned to Target yesterday in a sleepy daze with a work-worn mind. I was there to pick up a DVD and maybe something for the dogs. Wandering around the store, I wound up filling the hand basket with various things for my mom's wedding gift, a Beatles t-shirt for me, birthday cards and snacks.

I think I was the one who wandered into the "10 Items or Less" line. I think Andrew said, "I'm pretty sure we have more than ten items." (Again, I was in a daze. I didn't realize how much crap we actually fit into that hand basket.) I muttered, "It's not that much more," and I stayed the course.

Andrew unloaded the basket and discovered we had 22 items. Some of the things were duplicates (one for me, one for Mom) so they didn't really seem like individual items. We were next in line when we figured it out, so we couldn't really pick up our crap and move. Some cranky chick behind us said, "Excuse me, but that's more than ten items."

I turned to Andrew and said, "Wanna split it?" I put a divider between the items and we each had eleven. She was FUMING! I handed Andrew the money to pay for his portion. When I got to the register, I put on my cute face. I said to the clerk, "I have eleven items. Are the police going to come after me?" And I winked. The clerk said, "I'll let it slide this time."

Then the lady left the line. I don't know what happened to her.

It's good to travel through life with a buddy. :)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home