Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What's My Name?

I hate going to Starbucks (or other coffee establishments) where they ask for my name to put on the cup. It's annoying. When I give them my real name, they misspell it (how?). Andrew and I started giving them fake names a couple years ago. It's not like they really care what our names are. We've been Slappy, Stinky, Trixie, and God knows what else.

Now it's all about amusing ourselves. Andrew likes giving them Marco in hopes that they'll call out the name when the drink is ready and we can shout "Polo!" back at them. They've failed to call out the name the past four times we gave them Marco. The last two visits they've asked me my name and I turned to Andrew and asked, "What's my name?" I responded with "Snoop Doggy Dogg." (It's from the song.) The barista looked mildly amused both times and put it on the order. Of course, they didn't holler out for Snoop.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home