Thursday, April 13, 2006

Huzzah!

I had so much fun at the Faire. The actual name is The Renaissance Pleasure Faire. We got two-for-the-price-of-one coupons for opening weekend. Admission is usually $25 per adult, parking is $7.

The best way to get me to go somewhere is to describe the food and/or give me a menu. That was the real selling point of the Faire for me. Andrew had his turkey leg and mead. I pigged out on toasted ravioli (which makes me miss St. Louis) and fresh potato chips. Yummy!

We saw a couple great shows - Dominatoria Della Commedia and Pyramus & Thisby. The commedia show was awesome. We studied commedia in college, so I had some familiarity with how it worked. The story was almost identical to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, but that's a classic story model. The Pyramus & Thisby guys were hilarious. I laughed and laughed, then they pulled me onto the stage to play the wall in their little gay romp (where I continued to laugh). I sat down and laughed some more. We're going to check out their show this weekend so we can laugh some more. There are a lot of shows to choose from at the Faire, but these were the ones that made my cut when I was looking at the menus and list of shops. (A girl's gotta plan some.)

Every time I've been to a Ren Faire I've realized I should bring more money for souvenirs. This time, all I walked away with for myself was enough soap for the next three months. I would've loved to get a sword, some leather, a fancy dragon puppet, and a lot more food. I think next year we're dressing up, so it would've been cool to buy some clothes while we were there.

Anywho, I highly recommend popping in on this Ren Faire if you're local. If you're not, come anyway.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home