Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Own Canadian Holiday

Tomorrow is supposed to be Immigrant Day or something (I'm not really watching the news). Since I come from immigrants (my definition is people who came from another country and became citizens), I totally support citizenship. Heck, if my relatives hadn't come to this country and become citizens then I might be speaking French today. My grandfather Edward "Scotty" King came to the U.S. from Canada just to marry my grandmother.

It is in Scotty's honor (even though I never met the man), that I name Monday Celebrate a Canadian Day. I'm going to celebrate Celebrate a Canadian Day by purchasing a cd by Alanis Morissette. It's embarrassing that I don't already own one. I have her on my iPod but I don't own a cd. It's kind of like the time I realized I had no Foo Fighters then I went out and bought all but the album with the balls on it. So, Alanis, Monday is for you -- even though you recently became a U.S. citizen.

Celebrate a Canadian Day, eh?

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home