Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dancing Queen

In my last blog, I talked about how I'm learning choreography in my pole class for public performance. It seems that's also the plan with the belly dance class. We've been learning choreography on the Saturdays I've made it to class but I figured it was just a fun way for us to put the steps that we've learned together. Last weekend (while I was at my Scientology weekend seminar extravaganza) the teacher announced that she wanted us to perform the piece we're learning. I found out at the end of this Saturday's class about the plan.

Jamilla, my teacher, dances at a number of restaurants during the week. She's arranged for us to perform our routine at Dar Maghreb in Hollywood on the first Tuesday night in December. I'm excited. I love performing. Another girl in my class (who's been there longer and more often than me) is very anxious about performing. I figure, even if I don't know all the moves very well I can just shake my can and draw attention to my boobs on the parts I don't know. This is a whole new performance venue that's opening up for me. Cool!

I'll give more specifics when I get them. All twenty-six of my readers are welcome to come see me shake it, no matter what my skill level may be at that time.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home