Wednesday, August 30, 2006

New Marketing Strategy

I get a lot of emails. I have three email addresses and I'm about to add a fourth. Oh, and I have myspace email as well. I try to keep up with everyone and everything I can, but it gets easy for things to slip through the cracks.

Let me be honest and spill the beans. I missed a jewelry party this weekend even though I got two Evites to attend. I knew on Wednesday of last week that I'd be busy Saturday earning my IMDB credit and helping my boss at an event, maybe hitting an audition if I could make it. I could've responded to the email and said, "Eek! I'm too busy but keep me on your list." I missed a friend's play earlier this month (?) because I got a myspace bulletin and didn't write it in my datebook. Eventually the bulletin was pushed to the side by "26 things I did last week" surveys. I had another friend who auditioned for the same part as me but she was cast. Her show ended this weekend. I got two emails from her (which should be enough) about the show's month-long run and I still managed to miss it. I didn't write it down anywhere. If I expect people to see my shows, I've got to figure out a way to make this promotion thing work.

Another friend was in a show earlier this year. She sent me a postcard. I was going to attend but Andrew had class on the only night I could've gone so I had no way to get there. However, I remembered her show and would've made one of the three shows if I had a way to get there. What's the difference between her show and the others? She mailed me a postcard. I can put a postcard somewhere to remind me. Sure, I could print out emails but they'd wind up in the pile of other emails I really wanted to study and do something about. The postcards don't get lost in the shuffle of cyberspace. Besides, I'm old-fashioned. I like things I can touch.

My plan is to collect up mailing addresses from all my friends and associates so I can mail them postcards when I do a show. I'll still send out the Evites and post the bulletins, but this will reach the people who are as bad with their e-communications as I can be. (This is your cue to send me your data to add to my personal mailing list.) You can email me your contact data at pamdrew79@hotmail.com. Put "mailing list" in the subject line.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home