Thursday, August 17, 2006

Still Skinny After All These Weeks

It's been some weeks since I finished the diet. I know, I go on about the diet all the time. It's been the most successful diet I've ever done, and I feel great.

I weigh in at about 103 lbs. every morning. I usually eat one starch meal a day and follow it with dessert. Most of my starch meals are pasta, like I'm eating in the picture (first day back on real food). Sometimes I'll eat veggies with the meal, sometimes I won't, but I always have room for dessert.

I've had some starch-heavy days like when I did the all-night extra work and ate a meal there then breakfast with potatoes on my way home. I balloon up to 105 lbs. when I do that. I'm also tired more often when I'm starchy. Then I cut out starches for 24 to 48 hours and just eat protein and veggies. I slide back to 103 lbs. pretty quick.

I can't eat as much as I could before the diet, but I know my body doesn't need that much food. We're fooled into believing we should have 2000 calories a day, no matter what size and body type we have. According to that model, I should eat as many calories to maintain my body as a 225 lb. man who works outside all day. (The same logic is applied to pet vaccinations, but I'll go off on that nonsense on another day.) No wonder we have so much obesity in this country. We're not properly educated on how much we should eat for our body type so we make five trips to the all-you-can-eat bar so we feel like we're getting our money's worth.

And on the girly side, the diet does rebalance your hormones - the digesting hormones and the girly hormones. I don't bloat much at all when it's menses time. I don't experience the breast tenderness I used to around that time. My cycles finally follow the calendar, something that hasn't happened since I stopped taking the pill when I was nineteen. I also don't have much cramping.

I know there are all sorts of fad diets out there and lots of options for weight loss, but this has been the best program I've ever done. If you need to ten pounds or more, I highly endorse this program. I'm so slender I can't even fill out my leather pants, but I'm more muscular than I've ever been.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home