Friday, September 29, 2006

I Got Booty From John Mayer!

Okay, that headline may be a little misleading. I got booty (like a pirate) from the John Mayer concert. I just figured out how it works this time so I know what to do in the future.

See, all these companies are promoting their business to the captive audience who arrives an hour and a half before the show. Sure, there's a great performance by Brett Dennen on the side stage and there's lots of beer and sausages for sale. But what can a girl like me do after picking up the ultimate girl hoodie from the merchandise booth and chatting with a fellow Local 83 member? The answer is to trick-or-treat at every promotional booth along the way.

I'd walk over, ask what they know and then grab some booty. I got Mike & Ike's from a radio station; nuts, bottle cozies and an inflatable airplane from Southwest Airlines (the only way to fly); a couple iPod socks from some random booth; a free song download from Brett Dennen; and a handful of guitar picks, a rubber bracelet to support autism research and Peter Frampton tickets from Jack FM.

Yeah, I won Frampton tickets for the show at the Wiltern this Saturday. I entered the drawing and won. Frampton is Billy Shears on Sargeant Pepper. Dude! I called my dad and told him. The Wiltern is less than two miles from our house, so this is very convenient.

In addition, I got a JM poster, matchbook, postcard and coffee cozy from a gal before the sound check. She said to go to www.awarerecords.com to sign up for free promotional stuff for artists I love. They have a small list of artists - the only one I recognized was JM. They sent her a box or two of stuff to promote his new album - for FREE. And here I was touting it on my blog and on myspace. I know what to do for next time.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home