Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Music Review - "The Heart of Life"

I may be reviewing the last handful of songs out of order. Sorry about that. I'm going from my memory of the six or eight times I listened to the preview album before they changed the content at the end of the link.

John Mayer songs reflect real life quite nicely. I think most of his songwriting appeal -- at least for me -- is that he captures and communicates universal emotions. This song, while beautifully crafted, is the kind of song someone would grab a guitar and play for you to cheer you up. In his commentary, John called it a Hallmark card. It's very gentle and coaxing. It's nice to be reassured that things will turn around. It's a song for people who are facing a rough time. Things will always get better. John promises.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home