Friday, September 01, 2006

"Nip/Tuck" - Again!

I got a call Wednesday night for another day of background on "Nip/Tuck." I happily said yes. I had fun last time, so why not do it again?

Let me tell you, this is an awesome show to work. The non-union and union extras are treated with the same respect (and given the same food). Everyone is so professional and appreciative. When I arrived on set at 9:15 AM, I was treated to a ham-spinach-tomato scramble with cheese. Yummy. The food alone makes this show a pleasure. Lunch was crab cakes, spinach fettucine, Korean ribs and a chicken fajita bar. Dude.

We shot in Silverlake, which is maybe a twenty minute drive from my house taking the streets. We shot in a cute diner. I was called to be a young mom, but they wound up giving me a small sister instead of a kid. She was as cute and polite as Kae Ellen was at that age. She and I developed rapport immediately so we'd be believable in our three seconds on screen.

I dressed right - for once. It's always a challenge dressing for these things. I wore the most comfortable choice to wardrobe and packed a bag with some wash-and-wear clothes (a lighter bag than last time). I didn't want to wear the dress. I was afraid they'd tell me to put it on. But I lucked out. They liked what I had on. Hooray for me!

Tonight I'm booked for "Boston Legal." I'll post the lowdown when the deed is done. I hope it's as awesome as working "Nip/Tuck."

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home