Friday, September 15, 2006

There's Gold in Them Thar Hills!

I had an audition for an independent film yesterday. The only information I had on the film came from the casting notice and the four or five paragraphs on their website. I didn't see any of the script until about ten minutes before I auditioned.

This audition was different from any others that I've been on. The full funding for the project has not yet been procured, so they were prospecting the actors who were auditioning for help. Everyone had to fill out a questionnaire so their potential contributions to the project were readily apparent. Questions covered the following: bringing in more than $5 million box office as a lead in a film, having connections to big name talent we'd like to "introduce to" the script, knowing someone who might want to fund the project, having production experience and using that experience on this film, knowing someone with production experience who would like to contribute to the project.

I have to say that it takes balls to ask actors who have never read your script to bring viability to your business plan. I admire the guy putting himself out there for that. I could never do something like that. Of course, I felt more like I was being sized up like a piece of beef than when I stripped down to my undies to audition for a pole dance role.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home