Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Deals!

Since I didn't know what to do about a belly dance costume and I didn't buy a veil over the weekend, I had to somehow solve my problem of not having a veil. I have to learn all of the choreography I can by this weekend so I can finish this piece and work on perfecting it before the December show. I have to have a veil. I wanted something cheap so I can use it for practice while I work out what I really want to spend $$ on.

Solution: I went to Joann Fabrics and bought two and a half yards of black chiffon. It's on sale this week with Halloween just around the corner, so I got my temp veil for $5. I used it last night and it floats so beautifully that I may have to finish the ragged edges and use it for real.

Strippers have to be able to pull the clothes off easily. I tried learning to strip in platform stilettos and yoga pants. That didn't work very well because I couldn't pull the pants over the shoes. I had to get something easy to pull off, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money.

Solution: I went to Old Navy and bought a cute little bubble skirt. I bought a black one when they were about $17. Now they're clearing them out so I got a white one and a gray one last week for under $2 each. If you're female and you EVER plan to strip for ANYONE, get thee to Old Navy for one of these skirts before they're gone.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home