Tuesday, October 17, 2006

An Experiment

Today I'm conducting an experiment. I'm auditioning for a theatre company. It's a dues-paying membership thing. I've had strong opinions about those sorts of things before. Last time I auditioned for a theatre company I got in. It didn't feel like a very good fit. I felt like I wouldn't learn anything or make great career gains being there.

Today is the experiment. My friend Paula did a show as part of a theatre company earlier this year. She just booked the lead in an MTV film. She joined this theatre company even though it was a dues-paying company. They still gave a little money to the actors for their work. That's the same sort of thing as this place. I'm auditioning today because of Paula. We'll see what happens.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home