Wednesday, October 18, 2006


Kickin' It Root Down

My grandfather was of German descent. That makes me a little German. Imagine my delight when I found that the Getty had a German festival.

For a whopping $10 (parking only), we got to see "Hansel and Gretel" as performed by Jim Gamble Marionettes. That was perfect because when Andrew and I went to Italy and France, we sought out the puppet shows and spent our time at those instead of viewing room after room of fine art.

We also listened to the sounds of traditional German folk music performed by the Bluebirds. They even had some dancers from G.T.E.V. D'Oberlander tearin' up the dance floor old school. That was cool. It was too crowded for us to join in the dancing.

We also got to art like the kiddies. We made abstract monoprint paintings. We decorated picture frames. We watercolored landscapes. (Okay, we cheated on that one. I painted Peanut Butter & Piper with a side of grass so it counted as a landscape. Andrew painted Felicity, with Cactus. We posted them on our refrigerator.) We even made postcards that we mailed to each other.

Oh, and we looked at the new illuminated manuscripts exhibit.

I love the Getty. I felt recharged after going. Please visit the Getty when you're in L.A. You'll be glad you did.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home