Tuesday, October 03, 2006

No Time for Love, Dr. Jones!

Sorry for the short post. I got to work late and I only have an hour before I leave for an audition. I turned down a day on "Numb3rs" for this audition, so it better go well. At least they called me when I didn't even submit.

I'm working on my NaNoWriMo book. I know, I'm doing it a month before the contest. We only have one computer at home, and someone has to be available to do chores around the house. I'm up to 5600 words. Today's the third day of my writing month. I have to reach 50,000 words by the end of the month. It's a fun challenge. Something I've noticed is that I don't have much time to think about what I'm writing so I can't really obsess over anything. It's pretty stream-of-conscious stuff. I encourage you to join in the contest fun next month. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

A great thing about NaNoWriMo is that it forced me to get my personal ethics handled in certain areas of life. I had to go grocery shopping and do meal planning for my whole week so Andrew knew what to do. Sometimes we find ourselves starving with nothing in the refrigerator. I also have to cut out excessive television watching so I have time to crank out 1667 words a day on this damn book. This means no more crap watching, no more lazy-assing.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home