Thursday, October 26, 2006

Zombie Prostitute - Six Days Left!

I have six days left. I've written 38,083 words. I'm behind on my word count, but I am picking up steam. I bagged pilates Monday and Wednesday night so I could make some forward motion. I am about 3000 words behind schedule.

What's really funny is that I'm picking up steam. I could have written more last night if my hand wasn't all cramped up. I didn't plan anything out in advance. I just started typing. I had ideas about where this book would go, but I wasn't writing specifically to reach any particular destination. I just wrote. I've now started in a new direction and I think the novel will be better than the crappy ass novel it was shaping up to be about a week ago.

I've also been alternating my music. Most of this book was written while I listened to John Mayer's Continuum or the bootleg from the September 27th concert in Irvine. I threw in a couple Sting albums around 20,000 words and that slowed me down. I listened to The Cranberries and good ol' Tom Cochrane last night. Last night was a 3000 word night. I may just switch up the tunes tonight after class to see how far I get.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home