Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My First Serious Hand at Bingo

My theatre company had a fundraiser last night at Akbar in Silverlake. The game was Lucky Balls bingo. I guess they called it "Lucky Balls" because it was hosted by a rowdy guy from Jersey and a homosexual who also calls bingo in West Hollywood. The theatre company had bingo at Hamburger Mary's in WeHo last month, and they got on the ticket for this bingo night since they had a break in at the theatre and someone snatched the box office take.

I had never played bingo like this. They didn't just play for diagonal or straight across bingos. They had games like "rim job," "B.O." and "frank & beans." They gave away nice prizes and it was very interactive. There was call and response (like in some churches) and we got to pelt the winner with our wadded up bingo cards. It was rowdy and fun. I had a great time.

If you're in L.A. and you have any opportunity to hit bingo at Akbar or Hamburger Mary's, I highly recommend it. We didn't win anything, but we had a great time and helped support our theatre.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home