Monday, November 27, 2006

My Kingdom for a Flapper Dress

My show is this coming Sunday. On Thanksgiving Saturday, I managed to get the remaining pieces of my costume for "Hanky Panky" - dance tights and a bra with clear straps. Last week I bought two kinds of bottoms for my belly dance piece, I borrowed a top so I wouldn't have to spend more money on clothes, and I bought black ballet slippers a couple weeks back. All I needed was my flapper outfit.

We spent a few hours skulking around Hollywood in search of a flapper dress. I found a couple large ones and I tried on a medium that swallowed me whole. We hit several places and most of them didn't carry flapper dresses. I found one store that had one small dress but it was fuschia instead of red. Groan. My teacher was searching more southern parts of Southern California for her dress and she only found one red dress that would fit her.

Last night, worn out from the searching for a dress to match my mates, I went online and found something inexpensive that actually matched the other dresses perfectly AND wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to get delivered by Thursday's dress rehearsal. Huzzah! Now I just need shoes, but she ordered those so they should arrive any day.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home