Sunday, December 31, 2006

Best of 2006

I printed out all of my blogs for the year and put them in a binder. I figured I've learned so much by writing about my experiences that I should "publish" them. I'm re-reading them and remembering some of the great gains I made this year. My 2006 blogs cover a lots of things.

* Producing a play
* Industry lessons learned -- some that I wish I learned when I first moved to L.A.
* Great food and fun to be found around So Cal
* Stretching other artistic muscles
* Diet and exercise, particularly pole and belly dance
* Love for Andrew Moore, Felicity, and people
* Getting paid acting gigs in film and television
* Music
* Bargains
* Relationships

I keep learning new things every day. I've experienced good times and bad times this year, made mistakes and did some things right. I've lost a couple friends, found old friends and made new friends. I worked on a made-for-TV movie, two commercials and a couple television shows. I performed in three dance shows, helped host two pole dance parties, did a couple short films and acted in/produced a play. I've gotten moles removed, waxing done, haircuts, and makeovers. I've had the joy of helping lots of people with the knowledge and tools I have to hand.

In 2007, I hope to help more people. I found myself chatting with a beautiful but shy young woman waiting for a dressing room at Frederick's yesterday. Even though she was lovely, she was very self-conscious. I got her talking and found out she had lost 100 lbs. over the course of the past year and she was going over to her ex-boyfriend's house. She wanted some sexy lingerie but she wasn't entirely comfortable with her body and she felt nervous being sexy, even when she was alone in a room with the man she wanted to seduce. I gave her some pointers so she would feel confident and sexy. I told her to take a pole class. I tried to help her as best I could in the ten minutes we talked in line. I hope she got something out of the talk. I'm willing to talk about anything, so I want to help people with the things I've learned.

I hope this blog has helped you in some way and continues to help you find answers to some of your own ponderings as we enter the new year. I plan to do a lot more talking, but for now I wish you great success with your postulates, dreams and goals in 2007. Let's go kick some ass!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home