Friday, December 08, 2006

Festivus Miracle #5: Go Go-Go

I see so many casting notices in search of go-go dancers. In my laziness, I never bothered looking it up on YouTube or Wikipedia to give me a better understanding of it. I know they wear go-go boots, much like we wore for "Hanky Panky." I also know it originated in the 1960s. That's it. I didn't know anything about how it looked or how you did it. I figured it used to involve some of that crazy hand jive business.

For this session of the pole master class, my teacher decided to shake things up and teach us go-go dancing. It's not at all what I imagined. It's sexy, groovy, and it gives an awesome cardio workout. We were all sweaty within ten minutes of starting. No wonder go-go dancers wear so little clothing! I don't know how long a go-go dancer's set usually lasts, but I would imagine they would need water every two songs or so. Most of what you see on television shows with pole dancing is actually go-go dancing with little to no incorporation of pole tricks.

Anyway, I'm learning a new special skill that builds on a special skill I already have, and I'm burning fat while doing it. It's a Festivus miracle!

(The pictures aren't specifically go-go related, except for the fact I wore pleather go-go boots for the show and they helped me grip the pole better while upside-down.)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home