Monday, December 11, 2006

Festivus Miracle #8: My Hips Don't Lie

I've noticed something strange and interesting since my belly dance performance at Dar Maghreb. The movements I've been studying in class once a week (on weeks when I didn't have other activities) for the past six months are finally becoming natural to me. (My friend "Lotus" from class is in the pics with me. She does awesome arm work.)

Belly dance isn't hard. It's demanding. You have to train your body to move in ways it never has before. Of course, this is true of all dance styles. The performance was a breakthrough for me. I think that improved my technique significantly. I can isolate and execute the basics way better than I could before last Tuesday night. Strange.

May the Festivus miracles continue!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home