Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Cobra Pride

I didn't get a class ring in high school. When I was a junior, I wanted a gold ring in a style that wasn't available from the official class ring salesperson. I dropped out right before my senior year so I could go to college, then the high school gave me a diploma. Technically, I am both a dropout and a graduate. Funny.

I woke up this morning thinking about how nice it would be to have a high school class ring. I'm older and wiser now, so I could afford to get the style I want (much like my mother's class ring but with mother of pearl instead of onyx). Of course, if I got the ring it would show my age. It's not like I would wear it everywhere. Despite my early departure, I really did like my school. This would give me a chance to show it when appropriate.

Maybe a more timely class ring would be better. I wonder if Jostens can make a ring for an Aprodite Strip-N-Pole graduate? Little pole dancer on one side, stripper shoes on the other? Now THAT is a ring I'd gladly drop $400 to get. And it wouldn't show my age.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home