Monday, March 26, 2007

Infomercial Veteran

Yesterday I did my fourth infomercial. The first was Dianetics (life changing book - highly recommended by me), but I don't know if I made the final cut for the infomercial. The second was Youthful Essence by Susan Lucci. You can see me in the audience for a couple shots in pearls and a sweater (not my usual get-up). I didn't have to give a testimonial for that one -- I just had to listen and applaud. The third was Flirty Girls. That was the one that gave me the free pole that still stands in my living room. I danced with my classmates for part of the infomercial package, and I gave a testimonial. I' ve enjoyed the product from all of these things, but Dianetics was the only one I did just for the love of the product -- no gas money, no free anything, just a couple hours out of my day to tell others about my experience.

Number four was Malibu Pilates. I got the gig through my pilates teacher at Soma. She sent an email to a handful of her students and teachers that we could get a free class on this awesome pilates chair and get a chunk of change as gas money. I signed up right away. I love pilates, I love the chairs, and I love money. Oh, and infomercials are a guilty pleasure for me.

I used this chair which is similar to what Joseph Pilates originally intended with his workouts, using "bedsprings" for resistance. It was an awesome workout. I used the chair once in my mat class and I felt the workout the next day. Today I feel a little stretch in my neck and hamstrings. Since I dance so much and I survived the tissu class, I think I'm in pretty good shape and it's not surprising that I'm not in pain.

The day went well. I had shrimp sushi for a snack, a great lunch of grilled chicken and salad, a free workout on these awesome pilates chairs, and I got paid. I also got the tank top you see in the picture and a pair of walnut colored capri pants as part of the deal. Infomercials = w00+!

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home