Thursday, March 22, 2007

Strip Master

I started the newest round of pole master classes last week. Each session we work on something different. We spent one session on go-go dancing and ATL, another session on music video choreography, another session on dancing to Broadway hits. This round is burlesque. My class is bigger than it's ever been. There are probably ten or twelve girls, all learning how to striptease.

Right before classes started, I rented a documentary about striptease through Netflix. A lot of the dancing was bad, and there wasn't much tease to it. You'd be surprised how many of the strippers back in the day were nowhere near hot. It looked like most of them weren't dancers and weren't even interested in what they were doing. For shame!

My teacher is presenting us with aesthetic moves so we can do an old school striptease with all of the good stuff and none of the bad stuff I saw on the video. We're learning walks, how to strip like in the olden days (but looking good while doing it), and incorporating suitable pole tricks where we can. I had to buy thigh high fishnets and long gloves for class. At the end of the session, we get to perform for the class with the stripper persona we create wearing things we find in our closet.

I keep coming back to slutty schoolgirl. Is that wrong?

Labels: , , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home