Monday, April 02, 2007

The Big Bra Adventure: Part Two

After a very busy week, I finally skipped by the fabric store to get some supplies for my bra project. Last time I cut off the straps and closure on the back so I could replace them with something sturdier. I got black 1" cotton twill tape to replace the back and turn the bra into a halter. I stitched it with my sewing machine since I'll have plenty of hand sewing to do later.

The biggest challenge on this part was getting the halter strap just the right length. An error of 1/4" could have my cookies sliding out the bottom or sagging into the cups. I have to take it up slightly. I prefer shoulder straps, but I have narrow shoulders so I don't want the straps to slide off while I'm dancing. The halter is the most recommended style.

For my next act, I have to cover the bra. I bought some great black mesh fabric with black glitter designs for a great bargain. I've cut a skirt from the same fabric. I need more black thread first, and I'll need a zipper for the skirt. I'm concerned about covering the inside of the cotton twill straps because the glitter could irritate my skin when I'm dancing. I'll have to come up with a solution for that. After I cover the bra and attach the new hook and eye on the back, it's decorating time.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home