Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Get a Grip

Last night I attended my third tissu class. I thought, 'This is going to go so well. I'm going to climb to the ceiling. I'm going higher than before, Gilbert.' I took the time to shave my legs below the knees as a courtesy to my instructor. (I hadn't shaved since Thursday, and I know the instructors touch your feet and legs to help you maneuver the tissu.)

Yeah, no. I could not climb very high and stay on the tissu. I kept sliding back down. I used some rosin and I still slipped. I had a shower and I usually don't use lotion (we can't before doing pole), so that wasn't it. Why did I keep slipping? The good news is that I was able to wrap up and flip myself over without the teacher's help.

All the slipping made me a bit unstable. I iced my right foot when I got home and covered it in arnica gel since it was bright red. I put arnica on both my hands because I knew they would hurt as soon as the feeling returned. My right hand and foot are still sore this morning, but that is to be expected.

And the mystery of the slipping -- Andrew suspects it was the shaving lotion I used in the shower. That all-natural mango coconut stuff may be a little more moisturizing than I thought.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home