Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I Am Totally Freaking Out

Seriously. My theatre company has a vaudeville show planned in just under three weeks. We knew it was coming for a while, but at the last minute it changed from being a gala with scenes from upcoming productions to a vaudeville show. The plus point is that small groups of people can get together to rehearse little bits for the show. The problem is that when you try to get together more than two people on short notice, scheduling becomes more difficult.

So far, I'm involved in three numbers. I'm playing the spoiled daughter in a Chaplain sketch. I'm also choreographing the opening and closing numbers. Then I'm singing and dancing (and choreographing) a song about pole dancing. These are all very fun things. I just don't know where we'll all find the time to get together and get it all done.

In addition, I have my own little projects outside of the theatre. I have to finish making my belly dance costume, finish my choreography for my solo and promote for the Dar Maghreb show. I also need a serious refresher of the first group number we're doing and a little refresher on parts of the other group number. I still haven't picked a song or outfit for my burlesque final, much less choreographed it. This doesn't even take into account the silly little things I need to do around the house.

I dropped out of the fight class I was taking at the theatre so I could squeeze out some rehearsal time.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home