Thursday, April 05, 2007

Surviving Tissu

My tissu class was Monday night. My first tissu class was pretty painful. This one wasn't as bad. I didn't feel like I was going to barf, and I only winced from the pain half the time. Sure, the teacher had to shove my butt over my head so I would get all the way upside-down, but it was my second class.

Tuesday I was a little sore. Last time I was so wiped out and in pain that I had a combination of Tiger Balm and ice take over my weekend plans. I slept most of the time because nothing I could do was comfortable. Tuesday was different. I felt stretched. My right foot was a little sore, but it wasn't too bad. I was able to work on my belly dance choreography.

Wednesday was a little worse than Tuesday. The tops of my shoulders felt really stretched out, and I had a hard time with some lifting. My groin also hurt. I wanted to put an ice pack on it for the day, but I had to work. I was able to walk but I looked like I had something stuck in my butt. I had a little cal mag before bed just in case.

Today I feel much better. I understand why some of these articles advise a 48 hour healing period for muscles after a heavy workout. Depending on my rehearsal schedule, I figure I can do tissu again next week.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home