Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gimme a B!

Yesterday I had an audition for a spec commercial. I was going for the role of cheerleader for a ketchup product. This is the first audition I've attended since I started these awesome acting classes. I decided it was time to experiment with what I've learned.

We grouped ourselves into fives to audition. From the moment Andrew left me in the lobby, I decided to "be" a cheerleader. I talked like a cheerleader and moved like a cheerleader. When we went in to audition, I cheered and jumped so my boobs would have plenty of bounce. I became something other than me.

Of course, they put on some music for us to dance as part of the audition. That's when I stopped being a cheerleader and started being a strippy girl. I don't know any cheerleader dances so I wasn't sure how to handle that part of the audition. Go with what you know, right? Anyway, I felt the rest of the audition went really well. At the very least, I was able to apply what I'd learned.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home