Saturday, June 09, 2007

Rain on My Parade

It's John Mayer Concert Day! I love this day. I try to celebrate it regularly.

Today, like many concert days before, was planned out. Most of the activities were not concert related, but I still planned out my day. I was going to spend a couple hours working in my office after another plan for my lunchtime fell through. Then I was going to start burlesque classes at a studio just up the street from work. Wow! I packed up my pasties and my glue, my gloves and my stockings, my shoes and my corset. I was ready for action.

I had Andrew drop me off five minutes before class was supposed to start. That way I could pay the teacher and get a quick overview since I missed the first class last week. When I tried to check in, the gals at the front desk said that the teacher didn't reserve a space. I decided to wait fifteen minutes for the teacher or some fellow class member to arrive. I didn't have a phone number to call, so I had to plop down on the sofa in the lobby and wait. No one showed. Frustrated, I started walking back to my office so Andrew could meet me part way.

As I meandered, some random psycho chick started shouting at me. What was strange was that this was the Valley (doesn't usually happen there) and she was looking me in the eyes as she shouted. WTF? How could anyone yell at me? I'm cute! But she did. She cursed me, said I was going to steal her bag and that no one should be put on a pedestal except God. Cool. She was trying to pace me so she could walk a couple steps in front of me or next to me. After I was tired of the abuse (and I didn't want to get into a fight and have to get a rabies shot), I called Andrew. I figured she'd leave me alone if I was on the phone. She thought I was calling the cops and offered (threatened?) to call them for me. She backed off and was a few blocks behind me yelling about God knows what. When Andrew picked me up, he wanted to go back and give her what for. It was tempting, but it's John Mayer Concert Day. This is supposed to be a day of celebration.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home