Saturday, July 28, 2007

Check Out My Hair!

I got my Red Snapper wig today. I'll get to wear it at burlesque camp and whenever I perform as Red Snapper. I did a little survey on my myspace page to select the best wig. This one was the winner.

I've never worn a wig before, so it was a completely new experience to pull it out of the protective bag and put it on. I looked really weird at first. I was barely wearing any makeup so the wig looked even more unnatural. I also have a very short forehead so it felt like I was wearing it really low even though I barely had it covering my real hairline.

Since I was sweaty and fresh out of rehearsal when I first tried it on this afternoon, I decided to give it a real test when I got home. I tucked my hair into an evenly distributed bun with four bobby pins and slid the wig over it. I darkened my blonde eyebrows and put on some real makeup, complete with black eyeliner, mascara and sparkly lip gloss. Surprisingly, the wig worked when I was wearing more makeup. Of course, when I do a burlesque act, I won't be the fresh faced girl-next-door in clean and youthful makeup. I'll be Red Snapper, something completely different. I think that's what's going to make the hair really work.

My next step is completing a costume to go with the hair.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home