Sunday, July 15, 2007

Eager Beaver

I'm going to be honest with you. I like studying things. Before I pursue an activity, I like to read all about it before I commit to it. That way I know what I'm getting into, fully understanding the risks and benefits. Andrew Moore does the same thing, which is why we're such a perfect match. Back before the internet was so awesome, I'd have to do all of my research at small town libraries (where I lived) and didn't find out much at all about new topics of interest. I'm very fortunate to have the internet to contribute to my nerdiness.

I want to go to school next month. There's this awesome weekend intensive of burlesque history and performance classes in Seattle. I took a class with one of the teachers when she came to Los Angeles last month. The other teacher is based in New York. I've read her ebook (which helped fuel my desire for learning) and want to study with her. What an opportunity!

The problem is that it's going to cost me about $600 for the weekend. The timing isn't great financially. We just had visitors and missed work to hang with them. We're deliciously close to paying off our car but the final payments are a little higher. I made some money from a special project at work but had to put all that money toward bills and expenses. I've been trying to figure out some way to collect up the cash to go. Too bad there aren't burlesque scholarships available. I wanted to sell some of my stuff on eBay but the stuff I have to sell other people aren't selling for much. Andrew suggested doing a burlesque & puppet show as a fundraiser but we don't have much time and we're already rehearsing another show. Any bright ideas out there?

On a very happy note, my pole video has been viewed 929 times since May 8th. Rock!

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home