Thursday, August 09, 2007

No Class

After three days of computer hell and finding out that my hard drive was too damaged to recover anything, I mustered up the strength to go to a new dance class. This was a burlesque class in downtown Los Angeles. I had to maneuver things to get Andrew to his rehearsal in time, but I was making it go right. I emailed the gal running the class a couple months ago on myspace through the former school name. I happened upon the new name a few weeks ago and sent an email to them early last week. You see, the program is ten weeks and has a showcase at the end. I'm a sucker for performance opportunities so I really wanted to sign up. Of course, I'm in a play that has some rehearsals during class times and I'm going to the burlesque retreat in two weeks.

I've had to accept that some folks aren't as quick on the emails as I try to be. I check my emails often and try to respond quickly. I emailed the teacher over a week ago asking for a schedule of topics they plan to cover and asking if I'd be able to perform if I can't attend every week. I still had gotten no response when I left for class. At least it was the first night and I should be able to get a feel for it before buying more classes and seeing if I'd fit in, right?

Wrong! I used Google maps to get my directions. Google maps would only map a location on West 2nd in that zip code, not East 2nd. I reached the area and drove around the blocks downtown, parking and checking out a building in the right block of West 2nd and finding nothing but cyclists. By this point, I'd been in the car for half an hour, would be late if I found it, and had to pee like there was no tomorrow. I could've driven eighteen more blocks to try to find it in the area where Andrew wouldn't want me to park at night, hoping the entire time I wouldn't wet myself. Or I could go home, use the loo and see if this address really existed. It did.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should email them for landmarks in the event I decide to attend next Wednesday, asking the questions about performing and schedule again. I'm hitting a different burlesque class this Sunday just to check them out.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home