Friday, October 19, 2007

3:22

I spent my Wednesday night working on my burlesque number for the December 1st pole show. I was running into some new and interesting issues, and I still hadn't put on my wig.

The song I've selected that I think will best fit into the evening's music is three minutes and twenty-two seconds long. That's not a lot of dance time, but I'll be in at least two other numbers so I'm not worried about not getting my fair share of stage time. I was going to do pole tricks during the number, but the other two numbers I'm in have pole tricks so I probably won't -- just to give them something different to watch.

3:22 isn't much time to strip off nine items of clothing and do much dancing or twirling. I started with two shoes, two stockings, two gloves, a skirt, a corset and a bra. I cut out the shoes and managed to get undressed on time, but I didn't have as much time to dance as I wanted. I also used a chair for ease of stocking removal.

Last night I found myself wanting the shoes back to be worn over fishnets. This means no stocking removal and no need for the chair. This means five garments to remove and more dance time. Of course, I'll have to test to see if it works. Then I'll have to break out the wig and see if it all goes together.

And with all this work, this is one of the best parts of my week.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home