Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ashes Ashes

We had fires all around Los Angeles County last week. Since I live in the city limits, there wasn't a lot of brush to catch fire so we were okay. I texted my pals in the fire zones regularly to check on how they were doing. Everyone made it through okay.


The yucky part of living in Los Angeles is that the mountains trap stuff in the air. The sky looked really nasty during the day. At least we had pretty sunrises and sunsets. The smoke and ashes hovered all around the Southland for several days. It was so bad that I couldn't stop sneezing on Thursday and Friday. I even had to look smart on Saturday so I could give my contact lenses a cleaning and give my eyes a rest.
We're promised another rain tomorrow, so hopefully all of the irritants will be washed away completely. I don't mind being smart, but I prefer looking dumb.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home