Tuesday, November 20, 2007

In Short

As always, I've been quite busy. With the Saturn's issues unresolved, we've posted it on craigslist. We're hoping to get back most of the money we've spent on it since we got the car almost two weeks ago. Keep your fingers crossed for us that it sells by Friday. In the meantime, we've been using the Metro and local bus lines to get around and hitching rides with friends where possible. It's not bad, but it's not as convenient as having a car. Andrew and I are both so exhausted by the end of the day that we pass out for the few hours we have before we have to do it again.

Andrew's rehearsals are coming along. Our spare moments on weekends have have been spent between car issues and building puppets and "stained glass" windows for his show. We're both relieved that the show opens next week. That will afford him a little more time for his writing projects and probably a little more attention to direct at solving our car problems.

My dance rehearsals are going well. I was practicing a move in the living room last night and got really frustrated, but I think that was the low point. The process has been fun and I feel good about all the work I've done. The show is next weekend. I still plan to rehearse the numbers I'm doing in my living room a few more times before we gather for our two dress rehearsals next week. I have to finish my skirt for my burlesque number but that shouldn't take long.

My dance classes are going well. I'm conceptualizing the number I'm doing for graduation from my burlesque classes in January. I have some costume ideas but it's not complete yet. I may do the same number for my debut at another venue in February or April (whichever month is available). Our Christmas card this year may be burlesque inspired since that's been a large part of the year for us. I'm sure Felicity would be happy to eat some feathers and rhinestones for the photo.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home