Friday, December 28, 2007

Exponents

I've noticed that while developing a skill, rehearsing a role, practicing a routine, the gains and improvements are exponential. The first attempts may be bold and dedicated but aren't quite up to par. As time passes, the gains are greater and they come faster.

I realized this last night as I worked on my routine for next Thursday. Now that I have a basic routine down and I know where my clothes will come off, I can start adding precise moves to the mix. I can work on having nice arm poses and breathing. I can also easily ditch props that don't work and deal with costume malfunctions. This is good since the show is next Thursday.

(By the way, this isn't the monkey wrench costume. This is just the live burlesque photo of the costume I wore in the Holiday Shake. There will be monkey wrench photos later.)

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home