Sunday, December 23, 2007

In Training

I've had a bit of a lazy holiday weekend. I'm going to work for part of the day tomorrow so I don't lose two full days of income. Besides, I have a lot of year-end things to do.

Besides the house cleaning and lounging I've done this weekend, I also worked on my new burlesque costume and routine for the January 3rd show. The song I'm using is a bit longer than the one I used for the Holiday Shake. I have 3:51 to fill with dancing. It's a faster song, so I have to resist the urge to dance fast through the entire song so I don't pass out right after. I think I'll work on the build and climax of the song today.

My costume is a bit different. I'm wearing a coverall that's covered in pink trim. I have some bits to peel off, but the coverall is a challenge. It's not form fitting at all. I have to figure out how to best use it in the routine. Every routine presents a challenge of some sort. This one is a little of music and a little of costume. At least I have a little more than a week to figure it all out.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home