Monday, January 07, 2008

Everlong?

I have a burlesque graduation performance on January 28th. Before Christmas, my plan was to do energetic "Monkey Wrench" by Foo Fighters for the January show at The Scene (done) and a more classic routine for Monday Night Tease graduation at 3 Clubs. I was going to do a gown, glove and stocking removal to "Black Coffee" by Julie London, then at the end do a tassel twirl to "No Decaf" by Nineteen. I got a lovely blue gown through eBay on Monday that was supposed to be part of this routine. Of course, I didn't start collecting undergarments, gloves or rhinestones because I wanted to be sure my colors matched.

Well, either I ate too many chocolates for the holidays or this dress is made for someone much smaller than me. The zipper stops budging once it reaches my second rib. Nuts! I've been eating my veggies so perhaps it will fit by the end of the week. If not, it's going up for sale on eBay. Since this was going to be part of "Black Coffee," I have two choices: 1) Find another blue gown and be sure it fits before I blow another $20+ on it; or 2) Do something else.

I've been trained by experts in glove and stocking removal. Let's not forget that I went to burlesque camp late last summer. This is something I can do well. I'm afraid that the other girls in the graduation performance will do classic burlesque -- meaning glove, stocking and corset removal. I don't want the audience to get bored by the time I arrive on stage. Besides, I'm probably the most experienced of my graduating class and I can think with the art form.

I just spent about twenty minutes in the living room dancing to "Everlong" by Foo Fighters. The song is four minutes and ten seconds, perhaps a bit long for a burlesque routine. I was able to fill the entire song with something. When I do this number, I'll use a chair. I can still do stocking removal but the stockings will be the cute white ones I wore in the Holiday Shake and I'll wear them with Converse tennis shoes. I'll wear my pink schoolgirl skirt and a hoodie, and the rest will be easy. I'm leaning toward doing this since no one else will probably do something as whacky. I can always do a classic number later. I've emailed my classmates to find out what they're doing so I can get started on the other costume bits.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home