Sunday, February 17, 2008

Problem Solved!

I was all confused last week about the Boston Burlesque Expo -- what to do, how to do it, where to find money. I really would like to go, but I don't think that's going to happen this year.

You see, I have mid-March deadlines. The Miss Exotic World Pageant application deadline is March 15th. I'm applying for Best Debut. I have to have my costume built and my routine polished enough to video and send in with the application. I'm 3/5ths done with a possible dress for the number and I have an idea about music, but I will have to build a second dress to see which works best. I also have to edit music and make all the fancy underbits. Oh, and get the choreography done.

I also have the fantastic Victory Variety Hour debut on March 13th. I'm very excited about this show. I have to make all the fancy underbits and buy some outerbits. Andrew has to finish building the puppets and make a set piece. Oh, and get the choreography done.

And I have Kubrilesque on March 14th. It's a burlesque tribute to Stanley Kubrick. I'll probably be in a couple group numbers. I'm also doing Full Metal Jacket for the March show. I bought a helmet yesterday to be fancied up to look like Matthew Modine's in the film. I have to watch the film, build the costume and pick the music. Oh, and get the choreography done.

So, I have plenty of other things on my plate to take up my time and money prior to the Boston Burlesque Expo this year. I'm glad I got that resolved.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home