Friday, March 28, 2008

My Not-So-Secret New Project

I'm very picky as an actor. I like certain scripts, and I don't like others. I like getting paid (especially getting paid something near what I make at my day job) and I don't like doing work for free unless I really believe in the project for whatever reason. I'm not as young as I used to be, and my time is precious and best spent wisely.

In January of this year, I helped form a new theatre company. I want to put my energy into things I'm passionate about (hence the burlesque activities that have dominated my blog for some months). The idea was to create remarkable theatre in a town that's not geared toward theatre like New York is.

I love the people in the company. I'm a member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee so I can help shape the company. I'm also on the play selection committee so I get to help find remarkable shows. I'm very excited about the work we're doing.

We also have a marketing team. There are several people involved in planning our promotion rather than one lone guy having to handle all the leg work. We're doing a viral marketing campaign to promote our first show, dropping images like the following in our Myspace bulletins and comments, sending the image to our email buddies, and trying to create a buzz while maintaining a mystery.

Of course, you already know all about it, don't you? Me and my big mouth.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home