Saturday, May 24, 2008

Appreciation

I so rarely write about my day job so enjoy this little treat. Several years ago I had a boss who would always say something to me before I'd leave, like "Thanks for coming in today" or "Thanks for dressing up." I think he was saying it more as a joke, but it really stuck.

One of the joys of my current day job is that I get to cut checks for people. When I hand them out, I say "Thanks for coming in today." My co-workers are so used to this little bit of appreciation with their checks that it's become shorthand for "Can I get a check early?" or "Did you cut my reimbursement check?" In fact, my boss has had to cut checks for people when I was out of the office and they demanded that he thank them for coming in. It's that little extra bit of appreciation that people really like.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home