Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm a Model

I got an email late last week offering me the model slot at Dr. Sketchy's Anti Art School in Hollywood. When I first heard about burlesque dancers doing figure modeling for artists, I thought it was pretty dope and I wished I was better with figure drawing. I was very excited about modeling for it.

There were certain challenges this gig presented. A regular dance number for me lasts three to five minutes. I had to hold poses for 1, 2.5, 5, 10 and 15 minutes. I had to find interesting poses that didn't hurt too much. When I landed in a pose that hurt, I would relax into the pose as best I could. I expected to be insanely sore today, but I just feel especially stretched in a couple places. I can't wait to see what the artists did!

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home